MTS Map Types
MTS supports a number of different map types. Each displays the world in a different way and has some different strengths and weaknesses.
shows a flat, top-down view of the world with even lighting.
- Good for navigating the world
- Fast to render
- Doesn't clearly show the scale of buildings
shows an angled, pseudo-3D view of the world with simulated lighting. You can change the time of day from the mapping options window.
- Produces nice looking maps
- Can simulate various lighting conditions
- Things can be hidden behind cliffs or large structures
shows a greyscale representation of the relative height of the map's surface.
shows the location of caves under the map's surface.
Note: Cave maps currently display trees. This is a known bug, and will be fixed in a future release.